Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm back at it!

Well, I had considered waiting for another week to post, but I decided not to wait.

I have matched with a new couple! Not only have I matched, but I'm on meds, and we transfer on Thursday! I'm so excited!

T and M are wonderful. They've been together for many years, and have a beautiful 19 year old daughter, C. T is unable to carry another child due to a medical condition. M is a civilian working for the Air Force, and T is a stay at home mom.

So here's where things stand as of right now. Their RE, Dr. Saleh, has me on dexamethsone (a steriod), azithromycin (an antibiotic), Estradiol and progestrone. The Estradiol this time around is intramuscular injections in the hip, twice a week. I have to give myself the shots on Tuesdays and Fridays. The progesterone shots are daily. On Tuesdays and Fridays I have to give myself two different hip shots.

Last night was the first night for the two shots, and boy did it hurt! I'm having trouble sitting today. I'm not bruised, at least not visibly, but you can feel the knot on my hip...and by hip, you'll remember I mean ass. Ahh the joys of surrogacy!

I keep reminding myself how wonderful it will be when I see T hold her child for the first time. That's what makes these moments totally worthwhile.

Well, I'll update this blog regularly now that I'm matched and cycling again. I can't wait until I'm able to post my BFP! Thursday is the transfer day...so until then! Adieu!

No comments: