Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Quick Update...Labor scare

This is going to be short and sweet. I'm just too tired to give a big long update.

For two days now I've had some pain in my back and cramping. I've been super busy and had a ton of energy though. The kids, hubby and I completely cleaned the mini-van. I took it to the car wash and scrubbed it top to bottom. I vacuumed the inside (which if you've ever tried to waddle around in a mini-van while 33+ weeks pregnant, it's not easy!)

I cleaned and began organizing the house...or at least two rooms in the house...top to bottom. I put together a shelving unit for the family room. I cleaned the kitchen and was a supervisor as my daughter cleaned the bathroom. (It's the only room I can't clean anymore. There are no windows and I worry about the chemicals.)

On top of that, I've been dealing with school. First off, the only parking lot with spaces available is about 1/2 mile away from my building. So I walk 1/2 mile to my building, take the elevator to the third floor, walk all the way to the other side of the building, then all the way back after class. I go down one floor, and then (luckily) two doors down to my second class. Once that's done, I walk the 1/2 mile back to my car. It's exhausting! Well yesterday, I was running late, and only planned on dropping off my test and coming home to rest. I had to park in the very back of that parking lot. This meant walking 3/4 of a mile to get to the building, getting to the classroom...and then having the professor tell me that he meant to text me back and let me know not to bother coming cause he was extending the due date on our test. I wanted to cry. I walked the 3/4 mile back to the car. At this point, the cramping is bad! When I sat down in the car, I felt something wet in my pants. I nearly freaked out!

I rushed home, got to the bathroom and realized there was some watery discharge. (It was still mucus-like, but more watery then normal.)

I came out to the couch and laid down to rest a little. I had, after all, only gotten four hours of sleep the night before. I ended up sleeping all day. I fell asleep around 930 am and woke up at 230pm. I called the doctor to ask what I should do about the back pain/slightly cramping and the discharge. I was told to rest on the couch with my feet up for a bit and see if that helped. If it didn't, then I was supposed to go to the hospital's labor and delivery. I called my IM, G, and let her know what was going on.

Needless to say, after getting some sleep, and then resting the remainder of the evening, I was feeling much better. My IM offered to get me anything I needed, including a house keeper. I told I would be just fine, and promised not to do as much until the baby is born.

I keep forgetting I'm not a kid anymore. I need to get more rest. (which when the kid is most active at night is hard to do!) Anyway, I'm going to try to take a nap on the couch for now.

No comments: