Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's been a while

Hello everyone! I apologize for taking so long to write. Things got really crazy this weekend, and I absolutely had to deal with that first.

So as many of know, I had blood work drawn on Friday to determine whether or not I was pregnant. (Apparently 5 HPTs isn't proof enough! :) ) Then Ike hit early Saturday morning, and my doctor's office was in it's path, so I lost contact with them. I tried all day Monday to get in touch with someone at their office, but to no avail. I got a hold of my regular OB and explained the situation, and the fact that I was going to run out of medication the next morning. If I didn't have those meds, I would most certainly miscarry. She told me that she couldn't give me the meds, but they would see if the RE in that office would help me. They were willing to see me if it was an emergency...and they deemed this an emergency. I was asked to come in Monday afternoon and they would give me the PEO shot, and some Estrace, and also do the next Beta test.

Well, that's when my RE decided to return my IM's phone calls...and he yelled at her! He told her that I knew I was supposed to stay on the medications and he didn't know why I was wasting their time. She told him I was out of medication, and boy was she upset!

So they got me more meds first thing the next morning, shipped directly to my house. That morning, Tuesday, I went and had a second beta test. Your beta is supposed to be drawn, then two days later drawn again, and then two days after the second, drawn again. Well, I had mine drawn on Friday...then decided of my own free will to have it drawn on Tuesday. I still don't haev the results from either test. Tuesday afternoon, after the second blood draw, I get a call from the doctor's office. No one has a clue what I'm talking about when I tell them I had blood work done. They didn't know I needed it. I explain what I'm talking about, and they tell me they'll find it. In the mean time, they're changing my medications around. Instead of giving myself a shot every night (WOOHOO NO MORE SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) they're going to have my insert a pill into my va-jay-jay three times a day (not as bad as shots, but way messier!)

So that's where things stand right now. My calendar says I'm supposed to have an ultrasound two weeks from today (as I am 5 weeks exactly today) but I haven't been called to schedule that, and I have no idea what's going on there.

Oh! And I got the most wonderful package in the mail today! I got a tin of Mrs. Fields cookies! They look so delicious! There are sugar cookies in the shape of flowers, with smiley faces in the center. There are chocolate chip cookies. And double chocolate chip! My IM included such a beautiful little note that made me cry (happy tears!) I'm so lucky to have found such great people! I can't wait to see the look on their faces at the first ultrasound!

No comments: