Friday, April 9, 2010

Halfway there!

I'm 20 weeks today! Woohoo! We're halfway there! I'm so excited that we've made it to this point. This is a huge milestone! T and M are thrilled I'm sure. I'm so glad I get to be a part of this. T and M went through so much to just get to a transfer...and now here we are this guy growing strong and healthy. I can't wait to see the look on T's face when she sees her son for the first time. Or the first time M gets to hold his son. It's going to be so awesome!

So I'm watching 20/20 and there is a story about a woman who gave birth and didn't even know she was pregnant. Not only did the poor woman not know she was pregnant, but her husband had a vasectomy and they thought they were covered. I assume that something happened and the vas defrens grew back together and that's how she got pregnant...but the poor family. I can't imagine suddenly giving birth and not having a single thing for the little one.

There was one comment that irked me. One of the paramedics said that when a woman gives birth at home the outcome is never good. I beg to differ. I hope he meant that when a woman gives birth at home unassisted, without a trained professional, that the outcome isn't good...because I'm planning a home birth and have the utmost confidence that everything will go smoothly and that both the baby and I will be fine. Then again, I have the best midwife in the world (ok, I'm a bit biased). Either way, I'm not worried at all about me or this little guy. I'm more worried about M passing out if he happens to walk in. (He's uber-squeamish. God love him.)

No comments: