Sunday, May 17, 2009

Quick Update

Did you know that your outer bag of waters could tear, leaking fluid, and then reseal itself?

I had no clue! So last night, when my water "broke" I was thrilled! It was ready. I called my midwife and my IPs and let them know what was going on. I had my instructions to rest, drink plenty of fluids and eat. When my contractions got stronger and so on, to come on in and we'd have a baby!

So I drank water as usual, ate my dinner, and after the kids went to bed, I went to bed. I woke up this morning still not having contractions...and no longer leaking fluid. I checked the towel I slept on again, and there was no fluid. I called my midwife and chatted with her. I chatted with my IPs and promised both I would let them know when things picked up.

Then about 15 minutes ago, when things still hadn't moved along, and I was starting to get nervous, I called my midwife to ask what I should do. This was when she told me that it sounded as though I just leaked some fluid and my bag of waters resealed itself.

So here's the course of action as of right now: First thing tomorrow morning, I'm going to the birth center and they're going to check me to see if my water fully broke, or if it's all good and sealed up (or whatever). Then they're going to strip my membranes, give me some herbs and start me on a pumping routine. The routine that my midwife told me about today (with the herbs and pumping) usually causes women to go into labor within a few hours after they start. Considering I'm dilated to about a 3 (almost 4) and 90% effaced, my body's ready and it shouldn't take too long!

So tomorrow or Tuesday and this little boy should be making his appearance! Cross your fingers and say a prayer. I could use it. (Especially for the patience to wait for labor to begin!)

No comments: