Thursday, May 14, 2009

39 weeks...and I can't sleep

So here I am, 39 weeks! Can you believe it?!?! As I sit here, unable to sleep because the baby is moving and I'm having contractions, I look back on what a wild journey this has been.

I remember when I first met G & K. I met them at Fuddrucker's. I took my youngest with me, as my oldest three were in school. My husband was asleep, because he works third shift. I remember how awkward I felt, sitting there at the table, getting to know this couple and their youngest daughter. Once we had gotten past the initial hellos and really started talking, we realized how much we had in common and felt at ease with each other.

Within hours of getting home, I received an email saying they wanted to work with me. I was so excited because I wanted so bad to help this couple. I had "matched" with another couple and they just kind of dropped off the face of the earth. They quit responding to me, and wouldn't even respond with the agency...so that fact that G & K responded to me regularly and quickly was a wonderful change. Add to that the fact that they had been through a surrogacy before, and knew what to expect, made things even better.

Since then it's been a roller coaster ride. Our first cycle was canceled because the embryos didn't survive the thaw. Our second cycle worked perfectly and resulted in this pregnancy. It's so exciting to think that with someone else's egg, and someone else's sperm, I became pregnant with a beautiful child.

Well, I'm finally getting tired! Hopefully I can go to sleep and dream about going into labor...and maybe wake up in labor! *shrugs*

No comments: