Saturday, March 7, 2009

29 week appointment

So I had an OB appointment yesterday. My IM was running just a little bit late. She came in just after we listened to the heartbeat, so I asked my wonderful OB if we could listen again. She said yes. Initially the baby's heart rate was in the 140s. After his mom arrived though, he got super active and his heart rate dropped slightly to the high 130s.

I finished drinking my "kool-aid" for the gestational diabetes test and then we had to sit around for an hour before they could draw blood. It was nice though because we were able to sit and chat and catch up. My poor IM! She's an accountant and because it's tax season she's been so busy! It was great seeing her just relax and us being able to talk for the first time in a while.

We then went and had the blood drawn and parted ways...but not before we got some pictures. She got a new picture of me (an awesome belly shot) and then we got some great pictures of us together.

I got a phone call from the OB's office and I am slightly anemic. I need to add some red meat to my diet...which considering this entire pregnancy I've been so close to being vegan that now to add red meat...I just don't know if I can do that. It has nothing to do with morals or anything like that. I just don't like the taste of most red meats. My hubby is going to buy me tacos for lunch, so I have the ground beef. I guess I'll survive and eat it...even though I'd rather have a salad and a smoothie. The other thing the OB told me was that any time I'm sitting, I need to have my feet up. I've been having issues with swelling this pregnancy. My blood pressure has also started going up. That in and of itself is nerve wracking! My usual is 120s/60s...yesterday it was 147/90. They waited 20 minutes and rechecked and I was down to 129/68, so it was better. I'm still being told though that I need to take it easy and quit trying to do everything. OH! And I was also told I need to quit wearing high heels all the time. I was told once a week was more then enough. I then reminded my OB that I am Mrs. San Antonio and have obligations to my crown and appearances to make...she told me to make them in flats. I guess I have to comply because the last thing I want to do is put this baby in jeopardy.

We have a 4D ultrasound in two weeks. I can't wait to do that. G, my IM, has invited her mom and sister to the ultrasound to meet me. I can't wait to meet them. I also have little gifts for G & K's son and daughter. Just little t-shirts that say "I'm the BIG sister" and "I'm the BIG brother" They're cute!

Well, that's about it!

No comments: