Friday, March 20, 2009

Quick Update


So yesterday we went for the 3D/4D ultrasound. My IM made it with the kids, but my IF, IM's mom and sister weren't able to make it. The baby, which since the ultrasound I have affectionately dubbed Chunky Monkey, barely has any room in there. He kept his face buried in my placenta. (I've had guys bury their faces in a lot of my stuff...but my placenta is a new one! HEHE)

His cheeks are already filled out. He was opening his eyes, and his mouth. He showed us his little hands. OH! And he has a full head of hair! Which if I believed in old wives tales and the fact that kids with hair give heartburn, I would have told you months ago. Actually I think I did say that months ago!

I think the most amazing thing though was the fact that you could look at the pictures of him, and then look at his sister who was sitting on the couch, and they look so much alike! It's uncanny!

As for the 4D, the actual moving pictures, he moved plenty. They took over 30 minutes of video of Chunky Monkey rolling around. His parents are so thrilled. I'm so glad to have given that to them.

After the ultrasound, we went out to eat. Us three adults with 6 kids! The waitress asked which kids belonged to who...I pointed out our 4 kids. My IM pointed out her two, then pointed at my belly and said "This one is mine too!" The waitress kinda looked at us and said "Oh." To which I responded, "Yep, she got me pregnant! This one is hers!" G seemed to just love it! She emailed and said she had a great time. I'm so glad she did.

On a more personal note, today was my kids' Kite Day at school. I went to take pictures as one of the photographers for the yearbook. I was outside, on my feet, all day...and I forgot to put on sunscreen. So needless to say, I got sun burnt...very bad. Now I have sun poisoning, on top of being dehydrated and aching from head to toe. Right now, I'm laying in bed, hoping that bed time comes sooner rather then later so I can take another Tylenol.

Oh well, that's what I get for not paying attention to my own body.

Well, that's about it for now. I have another OB appointment on Tuesday. Hopefully we'll learn something new...like exactly how big the baby is at this point.

More updates soon!

No comments: