Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Woot! We're in the 2nd tri!

Well, I managed to make into the second trimester! Yeah me!

I went to bed Monday night with expectations of waking refreshed, hungry and ready to tackle the day. Let me say, just because you're in the second trimester, doesn't mean that suddenly all the first trimester stuff goes away. (Wouldn't it be great if that were the case?) I woke up Tuesday morning with a horrible migraine. I was hungry, but I also felt nauseous...that was just because I hadn't eaten in like 8 or so hours.

Other then that, I'm doing pretty good. I've finally found a great, comfortable way to sleep...but it only works when hubby is at work. (He works third shift.) So this afternoon, when he wakes up, we're going to go buy me at least one, maybe two new pillows so I can sleep better, even when he's home.

My IPs are great. G has been so worried that I'm going to need something and not ask her for it. Everytime she writes, she lets me know if there is anything I need, to let her know so she can get it for me. I keep telling her that there's nothing I need, and I'm doing great.

Speaking of the baby and my IPs. I can't wait for the baby to start moving so I can let them know. It'll be one of the first milestones in our pregnancy.

Other than that, not much to report. I've been feeling rather alone. Most of my family (extended: parents, siblings, etc.) have quit talking to me. Hubby says to just keep smiling because I'm content with my decision to be a surrogate, and am thrilled to be helping my IPs, and that's all that matters. I'm doing alright. It's not like we talked much anyway. More then anything, I wish I had an experienced surro to bounce ideas and questions off of...this pregnancy is so different then any of my others, and there are somethings I'm feeling that...well, it's different, and I wondered if it's normal.

Well, if you're actually reading this, thank you. It's nice to know that someone actually does care. If you didn't make it this far...I'm sorry to have bored you so much.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi there,
I have visited your blog a # of times. We are pretty much right on track together with our journey's. I am 15 weeks now with my first surro-pregnancy. I am so sorry to hear you don't have the support from your family. I can imagine how difficult that would be. It is good to hear that your IP's are very supportive though. Good luck to you! I will continue to follow.
Oh, and if you are interested- my blog is www.theirbunmyovenourdream.blogspot.com.
Kim