Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oi Vey!

Thanksgiving has come and gone and the Christmas Holidays are in full swing. I haven't updated this in a while because I injured my shoulder and it was taking forever to type...plus it hurt something fierce.

Before I go any further I want to post a warning for any parents out there who have a mini-van with those automatic sliding doors. You know the ones. They're awesome because you can just hit a button and they open on their own. I know how convenient they are. Heck, that's part of the reason I bought my mini-van! BUT, don't assume they're always going to work correctly. Ours are supposed to stop moving at the first sign of resistance. That way, if something is caught in the doorway, it stops and doesn't crush it. Well, we had told our daughter not to open the door until we said it was ok. She didn't listen, and opened it anyway. I was sitting in the passenger's seat and I reached, with my right hand, over my head and grabbed the handle of the door. (It has handles at the top of the door, by the window.) I pulled on it, attempting to stop it. It didn't stop. It bucked/jumped and continued going backward. This motion caused my arm to become dislocated. I let go and leaned forward (because I thought I was going to be sick) and re-located my arm. (This isn't the first time I've dislocated that arm. The doctor said it's normal for a person to be able to relocate their own arm if they've dislocated it a couple of times before.) In the process (after an MRI, they realized) I also have a hairline fracture in my humerus, and partially torn ligaments. I'm in physical therapy and am healing nicely.

Ok, now onto the good stuff! I had an OB appointment this past week. The baby's heartbeat was in the 150s. I'm measuring right on track. My weight is the same as my appointment 1 month ago. Although the doctor would like to see me gain weight, she says I seem to be doing ok, so she's not really worried about it right now. I have an appointment on January 2nd and at that time, we'll find out the sex of the baby! I'm so excited! I think I know what we're having, but I've been known to be wrong before. (Don't tell my husband I said that!)

I've been feeling the little bean moving around in there. I feel him more when my bladder is full. My bladder seems to be his favorite spot to kick. I guess he's preparing me for the months to come!

Well, that's all I have for now. As soon as I have more to tell, you can bet I'll be on here posting for the couple of people who drop by to check on me. (Thanks ladies! I really appreciate you caring enough to see how I'm doing!)

1 comment:

M said...

Hey! This last post was a while ago. How's your arm feeling?