Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Long Overdue Update

I really need to start updating this thing regularly. I had been doing really well, then I got pregnant and, well...I forgot just how exhausting it is to be pregnant!


So I had another ultrasound. That's it over there. G & K swear it's a boy...and since I was wrong about the twins, and I keep calling it a girl...chances are they're right! Who knows though? We'll see in a few more weeks. I'm 10 weeks along today (so I guess it'll be more like 10 more weeks or so before we know what they're having!)

I tell you, I absolutely love seeing the look on G & K's faces when they see the baby on the little ultrasound screen. The sheer joy on G's face is wonderful!
Well, the sheer exhaustion I've been feeling seems to be lifting. Yesterday I was able to get laundry started, and unload, then reload and start the dishwasher. I also got the kids off to school during that time. Of course then I had to rest on the couch...but I didn't fall asleep! I know it sounds silly, but it's a huge accomplishment for me.

My kids haven't been feeling well. There has been a horrible flu bug going around, and they've all gotten it. Because of that, I've been up at nights. I'm still trying to recover from the lost sleep, but I seem to be moving in the right direction.

And lastly, on a sadder note, I was very hurt by someone I considered a close friend when they compared me being a surrogate to being a paid employee, and then, just seconds later to a whore. I knew surrogacy wasn't going to go over well with everyone in my life. My own mother seems to want to take the out of sight, out of mind approach. Never once though has she degraded me, or what I am doing. This "friend" managed, in less then 30 seconds, to say I had a job (to carry their baby) and then comment on how I was getting paid too much considering I wasn't on my back long enough. I have never discussed my compensation with anyone. No one knows how much or how little I am getting paid, or if I'm getting paid at all.

Sadly, that friend just called me (actually his wife called) she's at 7cm and is about ready to deliver and they need my help with some things. It hurts that I couldn't even get an apology from them before they demand things of me.

No comments: