Monday, October 6, 2008

The Ultrasound!

Well, it's been a long couple of days, and I've been so tired. I woke up this morning, got the kids off to school, came home to study some and ended up falling back asleep until 1030. I barely remember my husband coming home from work this morning at 9am.

So I had the official ultrasound on Friday. Despite what I thought, and what others had said, there is only one little bean in there. He has a strong heartbeat of 140bpm. The ultrasound technician pointed out where the brain was forming and you could see the heartbeat. She said I'm measuring a little ahead of where I thought I was. I am officially 7w5d today.

I would post a picture of the ultrasound, but my scanner isn't working right. I'll have one up within the next couple of days though. When I do, you will be able to see the cavity where the brain is forming, indicating his head, and the area where his heart is.

The look on G&K's faces when they heard the heartbeat, and saw the baby...that was priceless. K grinned a grin I had never seen before. It lit up his entire face. G, she became so...she was nearly speechless. Her jaw fell loose, and she stared at the little monitor in awe. She told me that she was proud of me...although I don't know what I did that was so special. I managed to get pregnant. I guess though, in this type of situation, that is something special and not to be taken lightly.

I have another ultrasound on October 17th and when that one is done I believe the RE will be releasing me to my regular OB. That means no more 3+ hour drives to get a check up.

No comments: