Monday, August 11, 2008

TMI

Well, every so often you're going to see me blog about something that might be considered a bit more personal then other things. This is one of those moments.

I started Lupron a little less then a week ago. I took my last BCP less then a week ago and now I'm on my period. Although AF is a bit light this month, because of the meds, I'm still crampy, and cranky. I'm so hormonal. I was watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics and started bawling like a baby when I saw Yao Ming pick up the little boy who saved some of his friends from the rubble after the earthquake in China. Ok, so that was a sappy moment...but seeing the lighting of the torch wasn't, and I cried at that too!

Oh well, such is the life of a woman on IVF meds!

Hopefully I'll make it through today without crying! Other then the crying, and mild headaches, I haven't had any other side effects. That kind of worries me. Last time I had hot flashes, and weird dreams. I was always hungry, and tired, emotional and had headaches...and I put on a lot of weight! This time around I'm still super emotional with mild headaches, but I'm not having hot flashes...In fact, I've been really cold. I have been a bit more tired, but nothing like last time. I'm hoping that my body is responding as it's supposed to. I'm so worried that my body is reacting the way it did last time, and that's why I'm not having the same side effects. I'm also worried that I'm going to screw up the cycle because of this. I keep telling myself not to worry, but it's hard sometimes!

I have blood work done in about a week, so that will tell how things are going. Until then, I will continue eating pineapples, and drinking my soy milk. (These are things I do anyway, but are supposed to help build a woman's lining and aid in the process.)

If anything else happens in the meantime, I'll keep ya'll informed. Thanks for reading!

No comments: