Friday, August 29, 2008

Just a little update...

Well, things are moving right along here. The egg retrieval was moved from Wednesday to Thursday, but it went off yesterday without a hitch. I'm waiting for the nurse coordinator to call or email me and let me know how things are going.

Because the egg retrieval was yesterday, that moved my calendar around a little bit. I stopped the Lupron shots, and started the PIO shots. I gave myself the first shot last night. It went really well! I have a little pain today, but that is to be expected. I haev two more weeks of shots in the bum, then, whether we have a positive pregnancy test or not, I stop. If I am indeed pregnant, then I just have to "take" vaginal suppositories for several weeks to help my body sustain the pregnancy.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this transfer. Last time we did this, I was so excited and thrilled...then we got to the transfer and found out none of the embies survived. I cried the whole rest of the day. This time, I'm going to sit back and relax and enjoy the ride. I'm happy and can't wait, but at the same time, I'm almost reserved and cut off from it. I'm sure when I get to the Dr's office on Sunday for the transfer, I'm going to be really excited.

So that's where things are now. I have to go out today and get a shirt to wear to the transfer. I'm going to wear green and yellow, luck and fertility. I'll update when there's more to know!

No comments: