Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We're on our way!

So I think I told you all about my cancelled transfer in February because the three embryos didn't survive the thaw. Well, my IPs decided to try again, and this time we're doing a fresh transfer because there are no frozen embryos.

I had an appointment on Saturday. They did a hysteo-sonogram. That's where they fill your uterus full of saline, the insert a sonogram wand and make sure there is nothing wrong with your uterus. Well, my uterus looked perfect. The doctor drew some blood and sent me on my way.

So the ED is on meds and ready for an August 27th retrieval. I'm BCPs and start meds on August 5th. I'll be on Lupron first. Lupron supresses your cycle and basically causes menopause to happen. Last time I did a cycle, I gained weight, and had hot flashes...but I responded perfectly to the meds. I'll probably put on some weight this time, but it's all good.

I'm so excited! My IPs are such wonderful people and I'm so happy to be helping them! They totally deserve to have the family they want, and I'm so proud to be able to help them achieve it.

Well, I'm off for now. I'll post regularly to let everyone know what's going on with me.

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

Good luck!

I am still waiting for screenings and hoping to have a Sept transfer, but I think at this raye it will be Oct...

I'll keep reading!!