Tuesday, July 15, 2008

To catch you up to today...

Well, I wanted to start this blog by giving you a little background about me.

I am a happily married mother of four. My husband and I decided we were done having children of our own and, after much soul searching and prayer, we decided (yes, it was a mutual decision) that I would be a surrogate. I had wanted for many years (8 to be exact) to be a gestational surrogate (GS). I decided to wait, because I wasn't done having my own family, and wanted to be sure I didn't want anymore children before helping someone else have a family.

I was approached by a wonderful agency, and am still friends with the coordinator there, but decided to match independantly (indy). My intended parents (IPs) are a wonderful couple and will be referred to here as G & K. G & K are a wonderful heterosexual couple that, for reasons I choose not to explain here, need my help. We were scheduled for a frozen embryo transfer the end of February of 2008. The embryos did not survive the thaw, and after much deliberation, G & K decided to try again. This time we are doing a fresh transfer using the same donor eggs from the frozen batch. So now you're pretty well up to date. I'll update this blog regularly.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: