Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Second Trimester...

Friday begins the second trimester. I'm so excited! I'm hoping that with the second trimester comes a wave of...well, anti-nausea. I'd be thrilled if I woke up Friday morning and the sun was shining and birds were singing and I didn't have the overwhelming urge to puke.

Hey, I can dream can't I?

Actually, I've been doing pretty well. The nausea is only around in the evenings right now. Which means I can eat all day long and then around 9pm I start getting sick. By 11pm it's gone. It sucks cause it cuts into my sleep, but hey, I have to make some sacrifices right?

I had a nice chat with T today. I feel like such a horrible surro because this time around I have been so busy trying to keep my head above water that I haven't stopped and given her as many updates as I should. She's so cool about it though...and that makes me feel even worse.

But yeah, we had a nice chat today. I emailed her while on the bus heading to school. She emailed me at the exact same time. Then she called. So I talked to her while waiting for class to start. It was really nice!

(Oh, just as an aside...if you're sitting in the hallway, surrounded by 19 year old kids, don't talk about how you seriously didn't think things would back to normal after giving birth to a 9+ pound baby. The looks you get are hilarious. Actually, go ahead and do it. Maybe they'll think twice before having unprotected sex again, plus you get a chuckle from it.)

So after all is said and done, I've gained 3 pounds this pregnancy. I'm holding steady right there. I haven't felt the little guy move. I thought I did...but then I farted. I'm sure I will within the next few weeks though!

1 comment:

n said...

you are soo funny to follow!
congrats..what an awesome thing you are doing,.. i cant wait for this all happen for me for someone else